Tuesday, August 26, 2014

BOR Essay

                                                                                                       
The Absence of Siblings
            Does the order or quantity of one’s siblings around someone impact their personality?  Studies have demonstrated through data that this is true.  I am an only child and the data compliments my characteristics that it suggests of an only child like myself.  The characteristics of an only child according to the research done, suggests and corresponds with my scholarliness, preference of interaction with elder persons, and the habit of procrastination.
            I demonstrate scholarly attributes and excel in academics.  I have a 4.0 GPA through hard work, great work ethic, effort, a positive attitude, desire, focus, and competitive greatness.  My goal is to be the Valedictorian of my class and I am relentless and perseverant when it comes to accomplishing my goals.
            I tend to interact with older people more cohesively than with my peers.  I participate and engage in more intimate and constructive conversations with adults due to their increased level of wisdom.  As a child, I always found myself with the adults in the parlor listening contently to a conversation of current foreign military involvement of our country while the other children played amongst themselves.  I prefer to interact with a selection of people consisting of greater maturity then with my peers.                                                                                                                   
I unfortunately practice procrastination regularly.  I tend to wait until the last minute before commencing my assignments.  I get lazy and put it off until the due date starts to slowly creep up nearer and nearer until finally shocking me and causing me to perform in a “clutch” fashion.  I have stayed up for excessive amounts of time increments for numerous of occurrences as a result of this.  I know this is something that I need to start working on conquering in order to benefit myself but I have already seen improvements in this aspect just by the acknowledgment of the issue.

            I demonstrate scholarliness, interaction tendencies with matured subjects, and the practice of procrastination which all corresponded with the data and research collected by my instructor.  My opinion on this research was very positive and interesting for you get to see how your chronological position in the family impacts your character.  I now see that I am one of the majorities amongst only children that demonstrate likewise characteristics.  

No comments:

Post a Comment