Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Purpose of Myth Review

1) How do I relate to the universein which I live?  How do I relate to that universe?  How much control do I have over my own life?  How can I lead a satisfying life?

2) The first parents are often gods of the sky and the earth, heroes are children of gods who have unusual births, In the world as in nature, birth maturity and death are often followed by rebirth, and The creator-god usually fashions the first human beings from parts to earth.

3) Divine beings who separate earth and sky.

4) They teach its members the appropriate attitudes, behaviors, and values of that culture.

5) Heroes are models of human behavior in their society.

6) The Great Goddess was the supreme deity.

7) The expression of the inividual's unconscious wishes, fears, and drives.

8) The intellectual capacity to understand the world in which they live.

No comments:

Post a Comment